Date of Issue : June 2021
Candriam Luxembourg (registered office: Serenity Bloc B, 19-21 route d'Arlon L-8009 Luxembourg), Candriam France (registered office: 40 rue Washington – 75008 Paris), Candriam Belgium (registered office: Avenue des Arts/ Kunstlaan 58, 1000 Brussels) and Candriam Switzerland (registered office: rue du 31 décembre 40-42, CH–1207 Geneva, Switzerland) and its subsidiaries (referred to collectively as "Candriam" or "we" or "our") is committed to respecting the privacy of individuals, including its clients.
Candriam owns and operates the web site https://www.candriam.com
This Privacy Notice ("Notice") sets out the basis on which Candriam processes personal data. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding how we handle personal data.
For the purposes of applicable data protection law (in particular, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the "GDPR"), each Candriam entity referred to above is the "data controller" of your personal data.
Candriam Switzerland, has appointed as EU representative for GDPR matters Candriam Group with registered address at 19-21 Route d’Arlon, L-8009 Strassen Luxembourg; registered no. R.C.S. Luxembourg : B 180524.
Personal Data We collect
We may collect and process the following personal data:
- Information you give us:
- If you are enquiring about Candriam capabilities or services (including when you are inquiring on behalf of your employer) then we may process your personal data - including your name, gender, address, personal or professional e-mail address and personal or professional phone number, financial information, personal description, photograph, ID documentation (including your passport or ID card), professional activity, marital status, information about your dependents or beneficiaries.
- You and/or your employer may give us information about you during our due diligence of your employer, when you complete a form on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or other electronic means, or in writing. This includes information you provide when you create an account on our site, subscribe to any of our services or reports, search our site, make enquiries, , submit information or content to our site, when you report a problem with our site or ask information via our site – including your name, email address, gender, professional activity postal address, telephone and fax.
- If you are interested in participating in social and entertainment physical or digital event organized by Candriam to support our commercial activities, then we may process your personal data - including but not limited to your name, gender, address, personal or professional e-mail address.
- Information we collect about you: With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products, services or issues you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
- Information we receive from other sources:
- We may also receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide.
- We are part of a global group of companies which manage funds and provide other financial services. Where you have requested services which involve one or more of our subsidiaries and/ or affiliates, we will tell you, and we may receive relevant information from our subsidiaries and/ or affiliates for the purposes of those services.
- We work closely with third parties (for example, banks and other financial institutions, business partners, legal or other consultants, sub-contractors in technical, analytics providers, search information providers,) and may receive information about you from them.
- Information about other people: If you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, such as other employees of your employer, or persons accompanying you to social and entertainment physical or digital event organized by Candriam to support our commercial activities you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used, and that they have given their permission for you to disclose it to us and for you to allow us, and our outsourced service providers, to use it.
Purposes and Legal Basis for processing
We may ask you for consent to collect or process your personal data on certain occasions, for example, and as stated below, where necessary in order to contact you with information about products and services or events that might be of interest to you or your employer.
We process your personal data when we need to do this to fulfil a contract with you, including processing your personal data to give effect to your investment in a Candriam fund, to verify your identity, or to otherwise provide services to you.
We process your personal data when required by law to do so, such as if we receive a request from law enforcement or other government officials.
We process your personal data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights. We have carried out balancing tests for all the data processing we carry out on the basis of our legitimate interests, which we have described above. You can obtain information on any of our balancing tests by contacting us using the details set out later in this Notice.
- we use your personal data in order to effectively administer the Candriam funds and our business;
- we use your personal data to undertake commercial and legal due diligence on our clients and investors, in order to assess their activities and condition in relation to their investments and the provision of our services;
- we monitor use of our websites, and use your personal data to help us monitor, improve and protect our services and websites, both online and offline;
- we monitor investor accounts to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law; and
- we will use personal data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation).
- We use your personal data or the personal data of the persons accompanying you in connection with the organization of social and entertainment physical or digital event to support our commercial activities.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may share your personal data with our subsidiaries and/ or affiliates1.
Personal data will also be shared between the Candriam entities referred to above, which manage Candriam funds, and the Candriam fund legal entities which are SICAVs (Société d'investissement à Capital Variable).
We may also share your personal data with trusted third parties including:
- Legal or other advisers, consultants and other professional experts, complainants, correspondents and enquirers, and suppliers and service providers of any of the above, and each of their associated businesses;
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors only for the purposes of performance of any contract we enter into with them or you or your employer. We take reasonable steps to ensure that our staff protect your personal data, and are aware of their information security obligations; and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Candriam, its business, or its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users, suppliers, or customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce agreements; or if we reasonably consider this necessary; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Candriam, our users, our customers, or others; and
- For the purposes of crime prevention and fraud protection.
We, or trusted third parties on our behalf, may contact you by email or other electronic means or post with information about products, services and events that might be of interest to you. Where necessary, at the time that you provide your personal data to us, you will be given the opportunity to indicate whether or not you are happy for us to use your personal data in order to tell you about such products or services or events.
You can unsubscribe from this at any time by emailing us using the contact details provided below.
Where We Store Your Personal Data and How We Protect it
Some of the Candriam subsidiaries and/or affiliates and third parties to whom Candriam discloses your personal data (as described above) may be located in countries which are located in any country of the European Union but also countries outside EEA that do not provide a level of protection to personal data equivalent to that provided by your home country.
In order to provide adequate protection for these transfers, Candriam utilizes transfer mechanisms recognized by your home country, which may include executing appropriate contractual clauses based on and conforming to the EU model clauses. To obtain a copy of the transfer mechanism, please contact us using the details provided below.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal data from loss or destruction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have various rights with respect to our use of your personal data:
- Access: You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. Please note that there are exceptions to this right, so that access may be denied if, for example, making the information available to you would reveal personal data about another person, or if we are legally prevented from disclosing such information. You are entitled to see the personal data held about you. If you wish to do this, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
- Accuracy: We aim to keep your personal data accurate, current, and complete. We encourage you to contact us using the contact details provided below to let us know if any of your personal data is not accurate or changes, so that we can keep your personal data up-to-date. You can also review and correct/update some of your personal data by logging-in to your account on our site.
- Objecting: In certain circumstances, you also have the right to object to processing of your personal data and to ask us to block, erase and restrict your personal data. If you would like us to stop using your personal data, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
- Porting: You have the right to request that some of your personal data is provided to you, or to another data controller, in a commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Complaints: If you believe that your data protection rights may have been breached, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority or to seek a remedy through the courts.
Please note that there are exceptions to these rights, if, for example, we are under a legal obligation to continue to process your personal data.
As a reminder, in France by application of article 40-1 of the Law n°78-17 of 6 January 1978 on Information Technology, Data Files and Civil Liberties, you have also the right to give instructions on the management of your personal data after yourdeath.
When we ask you to supply us with personal data we will attempt to make it clear whether the personal data we are asking for must be supplied so that we can provide the products and services to you or your employer, or whether the supply of any personal data we ask for is optional.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for as long as we believe it necessary or desirable to fulfil our business purposes or to comply with applicable law, audit requirements, regulatory requests or orders from competent courts.
Personal data collected will be retained pursuant to our record retention policy, and in most instances will not be retained longer than ten (10) years from the date of last use.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
Any changes we may make to our Notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Policy.
If you wish to exercise any of your legal rights, write to us at DPO[@]candriam.com.
1List of subsidiaries and affiliates are available on the following link: